IGNORED

side cover for a early seat bottom

kats

Hello,

I got restored early seats for my 240Z.

This driver's seat bottom cushion got new pad and new webbing

while passenger's pad and webbing is intentionaly remained as it is because I think it is still very beautiful.

I want to know this side plastic cover for the bottom is common

for early seat?I know we can see it in parts catalog and owner's manual which mentioned for the seats,but I do not see many nowadays.

kats

post-3193-14150792966073_thumb.jpg

Hi Kats,

For all seat mounted seat belt holders:

The very early seat belt holders were made of metal, covered with a rubber material. On my car the rubber has worn away and fallen off one of holders. The other holder still has the rubber intact. The later seat belt holders, which includes yours, are made of plastic.

Stevemasum

Hi Kats,

Your seats look great. I have never seen that plastic protector piece before. I just acquired a seat bottom Saturday, that appears to have remnants of that piece at the anchor points. Is that still available from Nissan?

I also have a blue interior in my 6/70 Z. Are your seats original Nissan seats that were black and then dyed blue? I am interested in hearing more about your special techique. HAve you had any issue with the color coming off when the seat material flexes?

Thanks,

Marty

Mike,

I totally agree that correct color would be prefereable. I am just interested in his results.

I did get a set of blue seat covers from MSA, but I was not very happy with them. The pattern was close, but not exactly correct. The grain of the vinyl was flat out wrong. If I could find original Nissan blue covers, I probably couldn't aford them. But, if someone out there has them or knows where to find them, I'd love to hear about it.

Marty

Thanks for looking,

Marty,my seat was restored in Mr.NISHI's shop in japan.

He said he used large amount of paint for vinyl dying same as painting a whole car.

This seat vinyl is not produeced by NISSAN,this is completely Mr.NISHI's original.He did his best and result is as close to as original.

I sent a small piece of my blue interior,Mr.NISHI used it as a model of color.

Steve,I agree with you.This seat belt holder is not original,it is modifyed from 1971later one.I have original holders made of steel with rubber,but they are so bad almost broken.

26th-Z,please show us nice information when you get!!

I would like to see your very early 240Z's details.

MikeW, thank you for your notice!!

post-3193-14150793005598_thumb.jpg