• $10,000-25,000
    • $25,000-40,000
    • $40,000-60,000
    • $60,000-80,000
    • $80,000-100,000
    • $100,000-150,000
    • Over $150,000

Must be nice to get a refund :(

Getting a refund simply means that you had more withheld throughout the year than was needed to meet your tax obligation. You let the government hold onto your money and then they pay you back, without interest, after you file your taxes. If it would make you feel better, you could give me, say, $100 a month and I could then "refund" it to you come April.

Excellent point and quite true, Mike. I try to balance my Fed and Statre tax deductions so that I either get a small refund or owe a small amount.

That's the best way to do it. You don't want to have to pay a lot and getting a big refund is not so great either. By the way, if you are entitled to a refund the government doesn't care one bit about filing your taxes by the deadline. You won't be penalized for filing late. Keep that in mind if you find yourself driving to a late night post office on the day of the deadline.