IGNORED

Dropping fuel tank

m240

I am dropping my fuel tank so I can get it cleaned out and Renewed. My question is do you think I will have enough room to get it out by just putting the car on ramps or should I use jackstands? I don't want to put it on ramps, disconect everything, and then find out I don't have room to get it out. Anyone with any expieriance with this?

Thanks for any help!

Mark

Originally posted by 2ManyZs

Don't you mean "up" to help you?........ That would make a nice pic for the gallery.....Cruiser with his hands dirty....ROFLLOL

Probably fall asleep on the creeper....:devious: and spill his beer all over himself..... :disappoin

Love the spilling bear part LOL.

Sorry Zmefly it was just too funny :).

Zmefly I'm going to take the tank out on sunday if you want to come over. Looking at the tank though it seems like there is only enough room under it for one person to work on it. Let me know if you want to come over though and I'll give you directions.

Mark

Thing is we never had a ZX turbo in Australia and we have a couple of private imports but i've never driven one to really comment on them.

I've never really liked the look of the ZX myself compared with the earlier cars but we don't have any model other than 2+2 and the 2 seaters arn't common here either.

So all i have to go by is pictures and what others say over the forums LOL.

All that aside your ZX is one of the better ones I've seen. I'm sure it goes pretty well and turbo cars are pretty fun. I've driven a mates VL turbo(RB30 Turbo) in a car that weighs a couple of hundred kilo's than a ZX even and it went ok with 5 guys in it :).

So don't worry too much :)

Well I pulled the tank and was suprised that I could fit any gas in it considering all of the crud in it. I dropped it off to get it "Renu"ed and will see how that turns out. James "Zmefly" dropped by to give me a hand and it was nice to meet someone from here in person. I'll post again when i get the tank back.

Mark