IGNORED

Mad parts from Japan

24OZ

Here's a useless tidbit.It may be a myth,but it makes for a good story. When the Z car was coming out.The head of Datsun's favorite play was "My Fairlady" That's why the first Z's were called "Fairlady".As datsun thought of sending it to the USA they realized that "Fairlady was not a very macho name for the U.S. The work order number for the manufacture and production of the car was 240Z.The rest is history as they say.

Reminds me of the Hillborn fuel injection systems you used to see on the top fuel cars in the late 60's. Or were they Enderle? Whichever, looks pretty cool. I'd like to know what is lurking under that valve cover, or does it just look huge due to the camera angle??

• 1 month later...
:) All of the early roadsters were called Fairlady in Japan. I believe from about 1962 (1200) on. I know that the 1965 1600 roadster I had in Okinawa was a Fairlady, although at that time, we were still driving on the right side of the road. When they converted the whole island to the left side is another story. Now it's like anywhere else in Japan.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by 240 4U2NV

hey i have a link to another angle pic of that silver car if anyone is interested. Very very very clean engine bay!!!!

YES!! SEND THE LINK!!! Of course we want to see all of the picts we can related to this stuff..