IGNORED

Wheels

tanny

I need one 14 inch minilite wheel. Also possibly four stock 14 inch wheels and hubcaps for a 73 240 if I can't find a single minilite. Unfortunately one of my front minilites came off at night and when I went back in the morning(at first light) to search for it, it was nowhere to be found. Thanks, Victor.

Just a point of interest, I lost a wheel from the boat trailer at about 80km/hr, and the wheel overtook the car, veered across the road, cleared a fence and came to rest nearly 200m into the local wetlands area. Is it possible you just need to widen your search area? A moving wheel can make it a hell of a long way. I hope your Z is ok.

Cheers Chris

Yes, I checked for at least a quarter mile before and after where the wheel came off and 70 to 80 yards each side of the road. Even looked in the trees. The only damage to the Z was a ground off ball joint(didn't scrape the control arm) and a flat spot on the brake rotor. The Z was quite controllable when the wheel fell off at 65 mph on a slow curve. Haven't checked the other lug nuts yet, but do plan on it. Emailed Minilite distributor in US and he said they only used the aluminum lug nuts for a short period in the 70's and does not recommend them.

After talking with the people at Minilite, I think I may just try to find another Minilite aluminum wheel and then use steel lug nuts instead of the old aluminum ones. That hopefully will prevent a recurrence of my problem. Thanks for responding. Victor.