Test post on new server - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Test post on new server

Featured Replies

It is a cool image but what am I looking at exactly?

Edited by Mitchel0407

  • Author
1 hour ago, Mitchel0407 said:

It is a cool image but what am I looking at exactly?

Haha, totally not Z related. It's a pair of oil sending units from my boat. Left one is for the oil pressure gauge and the right one is for the alarm panel in case of sudden oil pressure drop.

Well, I got the oil pressure part right but didn’t have a clue of what it was on.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Haha, yeah nice! New server is online and working great. Let me know if you guys see any issues.

As far as the oil senders, they are from a Volvo Penta TAMD63. The little block on the bottom is a remote location fed by a hose. There are two rubber mounts on the bottom to help dampen the vibration. Yesterday I added a T splitter so I could add digital gauges without affecting the analog instrumentation (those two sensors). I've learned a lot about analog gauges from this installation, especially when you want to run multiple gauges from a single sender. Crazy learning process about 2-station senders and floating vs house ground systems.

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.