Flexible Brake Line Option - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Flexible Brake Line Option

Featured Replies

I started putting all the brake lines back together and found a few leaks and was wondering if anyone knew of an option to use some type of flex braided hose in place of the hard lines for the small sections with the 90 degree turns? I'm talking about the two for the master cylinder to differential valve and especially the stupid S one in the back between splitter and proportioning valve. I've searched all over and the closest thing is a couple of trailer ones but they are all the wrong thread at 3/8 rather than m10. I guess a caliper hose could work but one end isn't the male inverted flare we need so some type of adapter?

Do you have a Tubes & Hoses franchise in your area? I had them build one for me. Most hydraulic hose builders would be able to fabricate one for you. I took my line in and they took care of it.

  • Author

Thanks Yarb. I don't but that gives me a direction to pursue. I'm sure there's something around or someone I could ship to if there's nothing off the shelf.

For my 76 I found a length of repair tubing at OReilly Auto that was the proper length with proper fittings. You can use a piece of wire or string to run the bends and get the length. Take the old piece in to the store and compare to get the fittings right. Then I built a bending jig with a piece of 2x4 and some wood screws to get smooth bends. Just put the old line on the wood and place the screws, then bend the new one carefully. A fun project. Mostly thought work, the bending wasn't that hard. It's not restore work, I think the tubing had a green coating. But it was new when it was done.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.