Z's from China - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Z's from China

Featured Replies

  • Author

But, it looks like their replication process has some flaws. Or the narrator misheard 1978 280Z as 240Z. Wonder what the rear strut towers look like.

image.png

Found it.

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

  • Author

Are those not 280Z tall strut towers? Full size spare tire well. Vented hood. It seems to be some sort of hybrid Z.

240Z strut mounts, they have two angles, whereas the 280 is just one angle. I looked at my parts cars just now.

280 tail light holes. No fake floor mounts. Looks like a full size spare hole indeed. 280 hood vents. 240 rear bumper indents.

Kind of a mash up.

  • Author
36 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

240Z strut mounts

Are you saying it's a 240Z tower? AKA small body? I looked around for resto 240Z pictures and found a few. I couldn't find any 280Z pictures.

The China body doesn't look like this 240Z, below. Three holes in the brace and it doesn't reach the top of the tower. It's an abomination! Not an expert.

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/55998-picture-thread-early-vin-cars/#comment-501358

image.png

image.png

And first page of dspillman's resto thread.

https://www.classiczcars.com/forums/topic/68900-finally-found-a-69-240z-51-time-to-finish-a-30-year-multiple-owner-restoration/#comments

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I think that there are three rear tower styles -

240Z;

big body 74 260Z, 75 and 76 280Z;

and modifed rear deck 77 and 78 280Z.

Edited by Zed Head

The first are two 280Z towers, first a 78 and then a 75. They both have the single angle slope where the seatbelt mounts.

The next set are both from 73' 240Z's and look just like the ones in the China car.

Your early car pic's do look a little different with the 3 hole support.

IMG_9677.jpg

IMG_9678.jpg

IMG_9679.jpg

IMG_9680.jpg

  • Author

I'm not grokking what you mean by one angle and two angles, I see numerous angles everywhere, but it does look like they copied the later 240Z body. Then put a 77/78 280Z hood on it. I wonder who is directing their efforts.

The video has only been up 13 hours and already has 3,254 comments and 594,010 views. This is one case where AI might come in handy to summarize the comments.

Still just a mash up for all the S30 years to me.

Angles.....

IMG_9678.jpg

IMG_9680.jpg

  • Author

Watched more of the video. At the end he talks about one of the fake Broncos selling for $400,000. At 37:00 in the video. Kind of looks like they're trying to create artificial value perception. Apparently they sent a body to a builder, who finished it. The company itself probably bought the car or paid someone to buy it. I'm a cynic.

Weird stuff. Let's see if the 73/78 2X0Z body ends up out there.

  • Author
11 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

Still just a mash up for all the S30 years to me.

Angles.....

IMG_9678.jpg

IMG_9680.jpg

I see now. Different eyes get drawn to different things.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.