Engine management options - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Engine management options

Featured Replies

My car is sitting at the shop and apparently the ecu is bad. While I could chance a used ecu, I was wondering what opinions there are on the different aftermarket engine management systems from Godzilla, pro tunerz, Hal tech or something else.

At the moment I’m looking to keep the engine NA, maybe add the turbo way down the road. I will likely rebuild the engine and upgrade the components over time as well.

Also, does anyone have a stock working ecu they would be willing to part with? For a 75 280

Edited by nowak1981

  • Author

i didnt have a picture and these are the numbers the shop gave me.

A11-000050- Lot #5510

Mentioned this before but I am 99% sure that any ECU from 1975 through 1978 will work.

It should be something like A11600000 or A11601000 Those were the early 280 numbers. But like ZedHead says they all really work regardless. (75-78) Lot numbers don't really matter at all either.

I have a few I would sell.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.