Tools. Did not realize this had happened - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Tools. Did not realize this had happened

Featured Replies

Reading a story about Craftsman tools and found that they were owned by Stanley Black & Decker. Also learned that Stanley and Black & Decker had combined, back in 2010.

Very much like Holley. Pretty soon everything everywhere will be made by a single company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craftsman_(tools)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Black_%26_Decker

https://www.holley.com/

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

Wait until you find out about power tools...

  • Author

I saw your comment @siteunseen Did you break a rule? 🔨

Edited by Zed Head

Naw, just realized I was venting out of bounds. 🙂

I've got a lot to spew but this isn't the place for all that spewing, I'm sorry if I offended you.

  • Author

Wasn't offended. Just surprised that you used a term from the 1980's!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
7 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Wait until you find out about power tools...

I remember reading an industry website several years ago where the writer predicted that the only distinction between mainstream brands of power tools would be aesthetics (colours, textures, legacy, etc). Looking at what I see in 2025's North American market, I'm inclined to agree.

But I think that only applies to ~ revered old-school USA brands like Porter, DeWalt, B&D, etc. For comparison, look at what's happened to old-school non-automotive brands like 'Schwinn', 'Singer', 'Sunbeam', 'GE', 'RCA', etc.

Offshore' brands (Bosch and Makita come to mind) might have a little more to offer than just marketing. Unfortunately, there's no universally-accepted evaluation standard.

These days, it's just the 'Wild Wild West' of YouTube evaluators

Caveat emptor.

Edited by Namerow

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.