Engine Block Breather Tube Installation - Page 3 - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Engine Block Breather Tube Installation

Featured Replies

8 hours ago, texasz said:

Fantastic!  Can you put calipers to the silver area that gets press fit into the block and measure it?

It is right about 25mm +/-

  • Author
On 3/11/2024 at 5:07 PM, Terrapin Z said:

It is right about 25mm +/-

I need a new battery for mine though just looking at the numbers on the slide mine seems to measure about the same.  I pulled out the original tube and it appears to measure about 1mm larger (again, this is just my eyeball not the digital readout).

I was getting 24.99mm and 25.01mm depending how I turned it. 

  • 2 months later...
  • Author
  • Popular Post

I finally got around to doing something with this.  I dropped by my local Z mechanic last week to see what pro tips he may have and it was well worth the stop.  Super simple fix using something everyone has in their garage (I was obviously over complicating it by seeking a pipe expander).  He took a socket that was just barely too big and hammered it in the end to expand it ever so slightly, this also had the added benefit or making the tube perfectly round again (not sure if it was already or not).  Super simple fix!!  I installed it today and the install was just as I would have expected, a nice tight compression fit...tapped it in gently with a hammer.  All is good.  🙂

 

Hope that this helps someone else in the future.

  • 2 years later...

Good info, Thanks for the tip Texs. I noticed the same issue on my L28 block. Ended up using the L28 tube.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.