IGNORED

Datsun Garage

davewormald

Does anyone here have any recent experience with Datsun Garage? I placed a big order with them back in July, and haven't received anything from them yet. They sent me a few messages not long after the order was placed, letting me know that some of the items were back-ordered, and could take a while to ship. I received a reply to an email I sent them a few weeks ago, and was told that they'd check on the status of my order, but since then they've gone silent in spite of my sending a bunch of emails and calling them repeatedly. Has anyone received anything from them recently?

On the flip side of this coin, I'm seriously impressed by KF Vintage. I've placed two orders with them, and both have been delivered (Colombia to Canada) in eight days or less. Shipping costs were reasonable and tracking info was meticulously delivered.

• Like 2

I've found the same thing with Datsun Garage, orders placed, half of items are back ordered, weeks go by, emails not responded to. Got tired of waiting so cancelled the order and found the items in stock at other dealers, months later the cancelled Datsun Garage order shows up at my door, had UPS send it back.

I received an email from Datsun Garage yesterday:

"We are very sorry for this late reply. We've had a change in our sales employees and apologise for the inconvenience. Your order is almost complete. We're just waiting on the weatherstrip kit to arrive. Once that's in we'll gather your order and ship it over complete with tracking info."

I'm not sure why they couldn't have replied to one of my earlier messages simply saying that they'd received my message, and would get back to me, but at least I have an initial response. I've asked them how long they expect the weatherstrip kit to take. I'd rather pay for two shipments than wait for everything. There are 32 items in the order.

• Like 2