IGNORED

Wiring harness A-pillar buzzing?

chaseincats

3 hours ago, chaseincats said:

So it's sounding like the resounding conclusion is some sort of very short-lived bug.  Quite frankly that sound/how often it happens kind of makes sense.  The buzzing really doesn't last all that long and will go away for months.  I'll start taking a look around the car to find openings that may need shuttenings (which I'm dubbing a word).

Does anyone know where the fresh-air opening is for a 78?  @grannyknot The rear hatch plugs have an unbroken piece of duct tape over them as a seal.

I'm talking about the rubber boot that surrounds the hinges.

@Patcon, the bottom of the A pillar opens up into the cowl area.

IMG_2454.JPG

10 hours ago, chaseincats said:

Does anyone know where the fresh-air opening is for a 78? 

The fresh air openings for the 77 and 78 bodies is under the cowl area. Previous years they piped air through the frame rails behind the headlights, but with the extensive metal redesign in 77 they moved the intake holes to under the cowl panel.

Couple years ago I had my cowl panel off to work on my windshield wiper assemblies, and while it was off, I stuck my camera down there and took a couple pics.

This should explain things:
P1120041a.JPG

• Like 1
  • Agree 1