IGNORED

Door handle installation 72Z

swflaz

I am trying to install the two door handles on a 72Z. The window glass keeps me from accessing the screws on the inside of the door that I would fasten the outer handle baffle (flat metal piece) to. The actual slot that the glass sits in appears to have 3 fasteners with nuts holding the glass in place. I'm wondering if it is feasible to loosen those nuts enough to lift the glass out of the slot so I can access the door handle from the inside then reinsert the glass. Clear as mud? Any comments are apimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngpreciated.

Well, I was kind of afraid of that solution/recommendation. Hoping for an easier way out. The door window crank works quite well except that I need rollers replaced to stabilize the glass. I have copies of the excellent posts from qz16, Scanlon as revised by Kroshefsky on window and door redos  so at least I'll have some guidance to follow. Thanks for commenting Bryan.

Just now, swflaz said:

Speaking of window rollers: does anyone know if Steve Nixon (nix240z) is still a viable source for rollers? (has the molds, etc.) seems like 240zrubber parts.com is non responsive.

I just contacted him the other day. He should still be an available source