IGNORED

1977 280z EFI baseline settings

sboy79

Alright update #2-- I took the stepped washers to work and milled another 1/16" off the thickness and reinstalled/torqued them onto the manifolds. Performed a smoke test and NO LEAKS! In fact the only visible smoke was coming out of the intake entrance near the passenger headlight and after 5 minutes of "smoking" there was the tiniest bit coming out from under the air meter under the plastic cover.  I'll do the yogurt cup test next but I'm definitely sealed up enough to dial in the idle speed and idle/air mixture and maybe even pass emissions.  I also want to experiment with the 1k pot on the coolant temp circuit.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, sboy79 said:

I'll do the yogurt cup test next but I'm definitely sealed up enough to dial in the idle speed and idle/air mixture and maybe even pass emissions.  I also want to experiment with the 1k pot on the coolant temp circuit.

The variable resistor on the coolant temp circuit will richen your mixture. These old analog systems are known to lean out over time. Probably not what you are looking for to pas your emissions test, but it's fun to play with and I think it's the only form of tuning you have on these old efi systems even if it's just restoring original settings.