IGNORED

Mystery connector on firewall side (1970 240Z)

Warty

I have a 1970 240Z which has some unoriginality to it. In other words: PO(s) did a lot of work to the car, including stuff like disconnecting the wiper fluid pump, etc. 

Anybody know what this single-wire connector might have run to? It's on the firewall side, just before the main cable bundle goes through the firewall to the cabin, and before the (I believe) windshield wiper motor wires split off. 

I can't make it out on the Engine Compartment Harness diagram in the FSM.

IMG_1183.jpeg

You could use a meter and see when it has power, if it does.  Or if it's grounded or has resistance.

I'd take a better picture from distance also.  That's a great infocus closeup, but it's just a female bullet connection.

Edited by Zed Head
+picture

On my 12/70 car that wire was wrapped under blue tape on the harness like the wire in the bundle in the cabin for an electric fuel pump. The wire has power when the key is in the run position. It was perfect for me to use for my fan relay when I converted to electric fans.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

On my 12/70 car that wire was wrapped under blue tape on the harness like the wire in the bundle in the cabin for an electric fuel pump.

Not to hijack the OP's thread but here is one more Nissan blue tape "Easter Egg", this one is for the fog light circuit.

Fog light wiring 1.jpg

Fog light wiring 2.jpg

Edited by jfa.series1
  • Like 2