IGNORED

Reskin Doors

87mj

I have some rust on the lower section of one of my doors ('70 240z).  The body shop said they can fabricate a  piece for it.  But I told them I can get a new lower section of the door (I assume they are made by Tabco). The door also has some minor dents in it and holes for the non factory side mirror.  So it needs a little additional body work done to it.

Instead of buying the entire lower part of the door skin, I have thought about buying an entire door skin instead.  The body shop liked that idea but I have no idea how good they are. Has anyone ever purchased those entire door skins off Ebay?  I think they are the same ones that zcardepot sold but are out of stock. In the Ebay ad, there is no mention of the gauge of the sheet metal, fit, accuracy, etc.

Does anyone have any idea how good of quality they are? 

Thanks

Interesting.. i ask myself as i have the original part.. are the originals also coated in a weld through paint/primer? 

I know that i have one left skin.. original nissan  with the number on it.

Out of my (gigantic) foto records/archives .. i believe these pics are from that left side skin..

20180129_135823.jpg

20180129_135829.jpg

20180129_135850.jpg

I hope you can use these to compare.. as i was looking for these in the files pile for 20 minutes at least pfff... 🤢

Watch careful as the top pic's are from the inside!, next one is outside.. (with the 260z partnumber.)

20180129_135226.jpg

Edited by dutchzcarguy

• 2 weeks later...