IGNORED

Alloy wheel center caps

Batesgar

Looking for center caps for my slotted alloy wheels that came with the car when purchased.   I’ve seen a lot of talk and ones listed as 240/280z on line, but found these are typically too small.  The center cap hole on mine are greater than 3” and seem unique to my 1973 240z.  

8 hours ago, Batesgar said:

Looking for center caps for my slotted alloy wheels that came with the car when purchased.   I’ve seen a lot of talk and ones listed as 240/280z on line, but found these are typically too small.  The center cap hole on mine are greater than 3” and seem unique to my 1973 240z.  

Measurements, a picture of the wheels would help in finding what you're after.

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Measurements, a picture of the wheels would help in finding what you're after.

Here’s a few pics.  The one on the right is metal and original.  The one on the left is a plastic replacement from a vendor that required cutting to fit.  The plastic ones have held up on the rear, but the front ones disintegrated at the bottom I assume from the hub grease.  They measure 3 and 1/8 and the original metal ones are a bit shorter.  Based on the plastic issue I may look to have the original metal ones replated. 

DFE8DBCB-FC62-47AD-81EA-67C9853AC858.jpeg

09CE332F-2F3B-4C88-9507-4AAAC9FF487C.jpeg

7510CECB-E6AD-4BC0-944B-9312615A141A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Mark Maras said:

The hole in my US slotted alum wheels is 3". They were on my 71. The caps were attached using 4 sheet metal screws. The holes are 3 5/8" apart center to center.

Mine were held in place by the bottom ring.  I don’t want to drill holes in the mags to secure the cap.

• Agree 1