IGNORED

1970 240Z Works Rally - the road to restoration

xs10shl

1 hour ago, SpeedRoo said:

One unique feature in this photo that gives it away as a works car...anyone care to guess what it is?

If you're referring to the LH-switched handbrake lever, it only* identifies it as an LHD Works rally Z. Not necessary on RHD ones.

*'only' doing a lot of heavy lifting in this context...

• Like 2

They also made custom center consoles to go along with the driver side mounted handbrake. I'll have to look up the FIA homologation papers to see if they are listed. Also the choke lever is deleted as the triple sidedraft carbs didn't have chokes fitted.

• Like 1

I'll let other folks keep finding the Works pieces (apart from Alan, who can rattle them all off before anyone else gets a turn, LOL!) There are several more items in the dash picture which are not stock, but are common to most/all Works rally cars.  Hint: there's one going right down the center of the picture, which can even be seen from a distance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SpeedRoo said:

They also made custom center consoles to go along with the driver side mounted handbrake. I'll have to look up the FIA homologation papers to see if they are listed.

I can save you the trouble of looking. There's nothing in the FIA 3023 fiche which covers the handbrake or console.

• Like 1