IGNORED

Parts Wanted: Looking for a interior light lens for a 1975 Datsun 280Z ?

Killain

I have a few of those too. 

There are three wires. One ground. One comes from the door pin switch. The other is just 12V to the light so it will come on when you push the lens. 

If you swap the wires over one at a time you should be fine. You could also pull the fuse, or disconnect the battery if you like. 

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5434.jpg

IMG_5436.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

I have a few of those too. 

There are three wires. One ground. One comes from the door pin switch. The other is just 12V to the light so it will come on when you push the lens. 

If you swap the wires over one at a time you should be fine. You could also pull the fuse, or disconnect the battery if you like. 

IMG_5435.jpg

IMG_5434.jpg

IMG_5436.jpg

Hay Thank you Terrapin-Z, I didn't want to pull it down and short out the light and then have to see what fuse I just blew. Do you know how much the suppliers want for a light like this ? anywhere from $137.00 plus shipping to $265.00 plus shipping And Nissan still make the light it's PN # 26410-E4101. All I want is to replace the lens and while I'm inter swap out the bulb with a LED unit. But anything you want to do on a Z-car it is going to be pricy ?

Thank you,

Edited by Killain

At least fuses are inexpensive to replace, and if yours are of an unknown age I would suggest replacing them all. Cheap insurance. IMHO.

I have seen the price of these and many other parts going up and up. With a limited number of cars and popularity factor that is high, it rings true.

Disconnecting the battery is always the safest method, can not go wrong there. I hope your repairs go smoothly.

• Like 2