IGNORED

rocker switch needed

kully 560

1 hour ago, Av8ferg said:

I my junk yard explorations I stumbled on a 280z that had a rocker switch in the location the “floor temp” light goes.

Ferg, Did it look "stock-ish"? I've always thought of putting a switch there, but I've never seen anything that looked like it really belonged.

I want something that looks like it could have come from the factory.

Well, I think it blended nicely.   I took the switch out of that car so I could look at it and possibly incorporate a similar one in the future.  I’ll have to dig it up.  I think if it were a black rocker switch it would be very discrete.

I took some pics of the kind of stuff I've been messing with...

Here's my thin steel adapter plate the I'm using to mount a stock shaped switch on the far right console hole. Note that for the pic, I didn't want to pull the whole console out to take out the switch, so that's why the wires are running through the adapter plate. Also note that I intend to paint the plate black, but I haven't gotten around to that yet:
P1200479.JPG

And here's the switch that I'm putting in that location:
P1200485.JPG

This is what my switches look like at this point:
P1200489.JPG

And with the switches ON:
P1200492.JPG

• Like 2

The one marked "DEFOG" still controls the rear defroster. I wanted to combine the blue DEFOG indicator lamp with the switch so that would open up the spot above the switch. That way I could put the CHOKE indicator where the blue defog indicator was originally. I intend to run a carb conversion on my 77 sometime (when I finally get around to it).

And the switch on the right marked "RECIRC" controls a fresh / recirculated servo motor on my HVAC system.