IGNORED

77 Auto Trans modulator install/removal

MH77280Z

Hi Guys,

I am speechless where the modulator is located in the 77 280z. Mine is automatic. What is the best way to get this thing out?

Also, seems like this is a threaded modulator but on the other end of the modulator there is no way to tighten it? its all around all over!!!

Yeah let me find a smaller one tomorrow. Problem is it is right next to the exhaust pipe and there is hardly any room.

Also, I think it does explain possibly some smoke i sometimes see in the exhaust at starting. The vacuum hose at the manifold has transmission oil. So the modulator is definitely gone.

• Like 1

There was a plate holding the rubber tube to the modulator. Once I took that off there was a decent clearance if not ideal. Placed a new modulator and my trans fluid somehow was at L, topped it off as well with a qrz. So far it is behaving better now at low and high rpm range in terms of shifting now.

• Like 1