IGNORED

Buying a 260Z 1974 162hp

Makada

13 hours ago, Makada said:

a little gas filled wire welding machine,

Most times those are just good for 1 thing.. throwing it in the bin haha.. a good welder is important.. i got a Aseb, swedish as far i know? well it's a well made machine!.

13 hours ago, Makada said:

You are a very skilled pro by the looks of it, wow what a work have you done to your cars👍

Oh well..  thanks..  But i'm not a pro.. although i think there was once a pro that wanted to hire me to do some work for him but as i'm a bit disabled.. (the last 15 years i spoke around 58 doctors..pff..)  i can't do it in a normal way, everything go's as we dutch say: "op z'n elfendertigste"  (translated: " on a snails pace" )  To restore the 280zx it took 8 year and still not ready..

But something else..

This morning there is a silver 260z on MP (2e hand site)  and it's a Original Dutch car from 1977.  I always warn for the original dutch cars because of the weather they have bin in.. but this one looks not to bad.. it's located in Culemborg.. about 100km from my home.

Asking 25 plus grand is a lot of money..

14 hours ago, Makada said:

when i have the or

??  What were you trying to say there..?

Hi Mart,

Thanks for your reply.

Ive seen the silver 260 yesterday on MP, it is about €5000 above my budget, unless i can sell my car for more😂

Ive contacted Joop Stolze, he has some 240's and 260's in good shape, but all a bit above my budget.

He said they are going to rise pricewise.

The longer i cant find one, the more expensive the will get...

Sorry to hear about your health...

With the kindest regards, 

Mark

Ah i forgot...

Ive contacted the seller of the blue one about the condition of the floors and send me some pictures of it.

He said i just have to come over and see if the Datsun is something for me...

Maybe that say enough...?

Whats the effort...when im there and have it on a ramp and looking at the floor...or have it on a ramp and take some pictures to send to me...it has to go on a ramp anyway to inspect the floor...

It saves me 340km of driving (with current petrol prices over here €2,+ a liter...)

Yeah.. the seller just thinks if he really wants a z car.. he will come and take a look at it..  and when your in the neighbourhood you drive another 30km and maybe you can make a offer on my 240z.. it's paintjob is bad (over 30 years old i guess) but it's solid and always had APK and i drove it over 21 years!  It's the wanted early type 240z from (feb)1971 

Hahaha.. yes.. i have no pictures!  It's a solid car only the fenders have a little rust and the hood is gone bad on the front.. but those parts i never took off..

This car looks like a pile of crap....

Yes it's a original 4 speed ami that i converted to a euro original 5 speed (and diff!) with orig 2,4 Ltr engine. roundtop carbs and euro balance tube!

I think i better restore this car first because people always judge a car on it's paintjob! Something that one shoud NOT do because the bodywork on a 240z in much more important..

I do have all the parts to restore it to a 50 grand car....(Brand new hood.. and lots of other stuff)  Even a orig. euro 5 speed gearbox extra and a orig 2,4 ltr engine that i could use to make a stroker or so keeping the matching numbers engine original to the car....  possibilities  possibilities.....  pff, that's gonna take me another 7-9 years..

I restored the engine by giving it some new gaskets and oil seals in 2007.  Today after 51 years it still drives over 200kph!

But this is not what your looking for, you want a car that is ready to drive, this one is roadworthy but needs a complete restoration..

some pics from 2012.... (Original was the car silver.. not Ferrari red..) 

2012 240z1971 016.JPG

2012 240z1971 001.JPG

2012 240z1971 017.JPG

2012 240z1971 063.JPG

2012 240z1971 064.JPG

2012 240z1971 065.JPG

Take a good look at the following picture..

That's why i should restore this car before i even consider to sell.. this feb 1971 car does restored between 35 and 80000 dollar.. (I got some rear wheel arches for it and everything else.)

What i want for it as is..  is a difficult question to answer!   This type is the most valuable at the time for me as it does not have the (leaky) rear deck vents and already the side vents  but has (almost?) all the other 1st type features.. i can't put a price on it, and also if i sell now i want to sell some parts also for it so the next owner can make it a good restored car.. 

But i am under the impression that you want a turn key car?  (Ready to go?)

Wrong wheelarches and a very bad paintjob..

2012 240z1971 013.JPG