IGNORED

No power at all

Reinier

Hi guys,

I did some work on the interior of my 77 280Z and removed the dash, center console, steering column + switches, heater core and I also disconnected the fusebox and relays and and ziptied those to the side to get work space.

Yesterday I wanted to get the car running again because I am moving to a new house in a few weeks and need to move it. So I reinstalled the dash, the steering column + switches, the center console and connected the fusebox en relais. But I left the heater core and the heater controls out so a few plugs are not connected..

Now I don't have any power to any of the systems. None of the lights work and the ignition switch does nothing.

• I have tested the ignition switch which is ok.
  • If I supply power to the ignition switch power pin I hear the ignition relais clicking but nothing happens so the ignition relais has also no power.
  • If I supply power at the hazard light switch which is part of the ignition switch circuit de car starts cranking.

Are the heater core and/or the heater controls essential parts of the electric system? Or is there something else wrong here?

Thanks!

Reinier

Edited by Reinier

32 minutes ago, Reinier said:

Are the heater core and/or the heater controls essential parts of the electric system?

Hi,  I don't think it's essential to connect the heater stuff.. but look into a serv.man www.xenonzcar.com and find out..  You must have forgotten a major connection as nothing works.. i once had a battery clamp on the battery but it did not make contact at all!  it was connected but made no connection.. a tippical example of a small oxide layer on a battery connection that made everything powerless.

Get yourself a multimeter and follow the signal 12v..  put your minus on the chassis and start with plus ON the battery pole.. the clamp.. the fusebox.. and  and.. so on..