More Spring Questions - Page 2 - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

More Spring Questions

Featured Replies

16 hours ago, Tirnipgreen said:

Clay...Did you ever swap springs...? I bought Z Source springs and my car sits really high. I'm about to get it back on the road after a 4 year restoration, so I thought I would see if it "settles" any. Any thoughts from your experience...? Steve...? ValpoZ...? Ryals in Ellijay

Are you sure you bought the 240Z springs? Are you accounting for sag in the old springs?

There is a difference in steel diameter between USA and euro springs i believe.. when my car was 45 years old (about) .. i had to change the rear springs as they were very soft.. 50 kg (120Lbs) of sand in the car was enough to drag the exhaust over the ground! I installed some euro's springs i had and now it's much better. (100 kg? no problem!)

I haven't swapped mine yet or even bought anything to swap them with. Forget about it until I corner hard left and hear my tire rubbing on my fender!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.