IGNORED

Countersinking Weber DCOE throttle shafts

Seppi72

My 40 DCOE carbs do not have countersinking on the throttle shafts. Consequently. the tops of throttle plate holding screws stick out into the air flow, like little pill tablets.  And, while I can readily get replacement screws, I'm wondering if changing to countersunk screws might be a good idea now that I have the carbs all disassembled.  So, some questions:

1. Seeing as how I shall very rarely have the car at WOT and using a 6000 rpm limit, how much difference will my "tablet" screw tops make in the airflow compared to countersunk screws?

2. How hard is it to turn my current throttle shaft into one that would accept countersunk screws?  Frankly, if I go this route I'll probably have a machinist do this.

3. What size countersink is necessary?

@Captain Obvious - I agree, but somehow I just can't seem to help myself.  Seems like everything gets more and more complicated. 

Of course, it's 100% my fault.  Sometimes, in the course of product development, there comes the time when you have to kill the engineers and get on with production!

• Like 1