Miata (Mx5) Seats - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Miata (Mx5) Seats

Featured Replies

Greetings,

Someone asked me to post some pictures of the Miata seats I recently wacked into my '71, so here goes....

They're very similar in shape to the OEM seats, comfortable, have speakers in the headrests, and are *way* less likely to fry your thighs after a day parked in the Australian sun.

I used the Miata rails, drilling a hole in the front section to match up with the front mount on the floor pan. Then simply drilled 4 holes in the mounts (2 to match the new holes in the rails, 2 to match the existing rear holes), wriggled things about, and bolted them in. I've still got some overhang (the Miata rails are longer than is required) and will cut it off in due course.

Relatively simple exercise and a useful alternative for a DD.

post-1106-14150791867104_thumb.jpg

  • 4 weeks later...

Excellent. I've been wanting to compare these seats for a awhile. I'm in the process of doing up a 1971 myself and am after similar seats. Have you done any research into other types. The Porsche seats look quite similar especially the Posche Boxster. As I'm Europe based boxsters are a little more common in the scrap yards. Any thoughts.

  • 2 weeks later...

I've heard that the seats from a Jetta Wolfsburg edition are a direct bolt in. Recarro's I believe. Nice seats and could pic 'em up fairly cheap.

L8-r

'Fink

Good call, I'll give them a shot. Cheers

  • 4 months later...

Rattfink, is there a specific year on the Wolfsburg seats? I can not remember if they made them more then one year. Thanks.

John

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Does anyone have information on what year(s) fit the 240?

  • 11 years later...

Thanks to this post, I just purchased 2 miata seats to bolt into my early 260. Im going to try to modify the bolt location like PerZee did to minimize any body work. I'll let y'all know how it works out later with some pics

I have Miata seats in my 240. They hold you in WAY better than stock and the cloth is much more comfortable.

I paid $40.00 at the wrecking yard for them , and around $12.00 for 2 cans of spray dye. I used stock 240 sliders and put a 1" tall aluminum shim under the rear of the seats since they sit a bit lower. I did not have to drill new holes into the seat base on the driver's side. On the passenger's side had to drill 2 new holes.

i would opt for these: Corbeau: Sport Seat

post-22416-14150828148172_thumb.jpg

plus a set of their brackets:

240 Z 69-74 C22011 C22011

260Z 74-75 D212T D212T

260Z 76-78 D214T D214T

but then i would have to find somewhere to store the original seats.

not cheap, but they're new, wouldn't look too out of place, and should be drop-in replacements.

Forget the early Miata seats. I ran with a pair for about 3 years until I got a screaming deal on a pair of 2008 MX-5 seats. They are just as easy to install as the early Miata seats though they do require a little bit more work.

post-10869-14150828152443_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.