IGNORED

Lash Pad 240z

Wally

1 hour ago, madkaw said:

Not everyone understands the geometry of the valve train so don't feel bad if it seems over your head. What we are wondering is what exactly was done to the head. If it was warped bad enough that the machinist had to take material off the top and bottom of the head -it will change the geometry of the valve train. If so, the camshaft is now closer to the valves and one would need smaller lashpads . There is also the possibility that the valves were sunk too deep into the seats during the valve job which would raise the height of the stem and put it closer to the camshaft.  That would not be good.  Just ask for an explanation of what was done and let us know 

i see. no it wasnt warped. it was in good shape. i think the just machined it down to make sure everything was even and pretty but he said it was in good shape overall. i am thinking that what you said about valves sinking too deep it more likely the culprit. 

He said earlier today a valve job would make everything 100% but he's already put it all back together, timed it etc. and it gonna charge me to take it apart and put it back. My thought was he shoulda checked the lash pad and valve stuff before putting it together...So i dont think our meeting Monday will be very polite

If your cam is stock and he just did a clean up cut on your head, the stock .120 rockers are what you need. Maybe you ordered the wrong rockers……160, .170 or .180’s? .120’s are correct for what you described……

case closed!

Edited by Diseazd
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1