IGNORED

Farewell Sale - Early 1974 Datsun 260Z Parts

fixitman

I see a few of you noticed that I recently sold my Z of 43 years on BaT.  I accomplished what I set out to do and felt it was time for a new adventure.  I'm not sure what that will be yet, but I'm looking around.  Anyway, I have a number of original parts left that may be helpful to someone.  I'm going to try to run a continuous ad that will be revised as I dig out parts.  My intent is to support the community with needed parts, not make a lot of money from the sales.  Take a look from time to time.

Best of luck with your projects.

Dave   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, fixitman said:

I recently sold my Z of 43 years on BaT.

Eh.. it's 2021 also in new jersey.. As it's a 1974 car..  you mean a 47 year old car recently sold? :ph34r: 

It could have been a 1978 260z over here in europe.. they excist! we never had the 280z..  260z's were build from 1974 till 1978 and the 280zx was the follow up in 1979 here.. (maybe a few late 1978 280zx's in other euro country's i don't know but the Netherlands had them in 1979..)

4 minutes ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Eh.. it's 2021 also in new jersey.. As it's a 1974 car..  you mean a 47 year old car recently sold? :ph34r: 

It could have been a 1978 260z over here in europe.. they excist! we never had the 280z..  260z's were build from 1974 till 1978 and the 280zx was the follow up in 1979 here.. (maybe a few late 1978 280zx's in other euro country's i don't know but the Netherlands had them in 1979..)

Um, he didn't say he was the first owner, so what he said was correct from an English grammar standpoint. He was saying he owned it 43 years. Was there a point to your reply?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thanks for your interest in my sale items.  I'm glad to see the parts going to good homes.  Before I put any effort to cleaning up and photographing a number of leftover items, I'd like to see if there is any interest in the following parts.  Except as noted, all are original early 260Z parts with about 88,000 miles on them.

• Alternator - appears to be in good condition
  • Starter - appears to be in good condition
  • Master brake cylinder - appears to be in good condition.  Seals should probably be replaced due to age.
  • Brake vacuum booster - looks ok.  A little flaking paint towards the bottom.
  • Engine compartment wiring harness - Works, complete but very dirty.  It will take some effort to clean up.  Coil connectors may have been altered or changed.
  • Cooling fan clutch
  • (2) rear brake drums - Some service life left.
  • Brake proportioning valve 
  • 240Z carb side air filter housing - Needs to be stripped and repainted.  Not pretty.
  • 280Z radiator overflow tank 

Thanks for your interest.