IGNORED

SpinTech Muffler

240z70

Has anyone installed a SPINTECH Low profile 3000XLF Sportsman muffler on their Z without any resonators?

If so, what did it sound like and do you know what the decibels on it were?

https://spintechmufflers.com/3000xlf-sportsman-low-profile-muffler/

I looked extensively for some info, but the only thing I found were installations on non-240z vehicles which obviously will have a totally different sound and decibel numbers. 

Thanks for any info.

Edited by 240z70
Adding link to Spintech Mufflers being referenced.

hmmmmm,  " An aggressive street muffler for the performance enthusiast where clearance and space issues need to be addressed and want a quieter sound."

An aggressive street muffler with a quieter sound? 

Although it does sound pretty good here if you FF 1min. 50 sec.

• Thanks 1

" An aggressive street muffler for the performance enthusiast where clearance and space issues need to be addressed and want a quieter sound."

Yeah it didnt make sense to me either when I read it...Aggressive usually means louder an possibly raspier, but quieter??  Interesting.  I also do like the sound, but what I am trying to find is one that was installed in the 240Z.  The sound would be a lot different than one on a V*...That is why i asked the question.

Not Z related, but I ran a pair of SpinTech mufflers on my old 66 GT-350.  It was the only time I was ticketed for excessive noise by the police in Sacramento!  Subsequently changed to FlowMasters.   

They did sound awesome though.

IMG_2867.JPG

• Like 3

On 5/27/2021 at 8:55 PM, 240z70 said:

" An aggressive street muffler for the performance enthusiast where clearance and space issues need to be addressed and want a quieter sound."

Yeah it didnt make sense to me either when I read it...Aggressive usually means louder an possibly raspier, but quieter??  Interesting.  I also do like the sound, but what I am trying to find is one that was installed in the 240Z.  The sound would be a lot different than one on a V*...That is why i asked the question.

Maybe post this thread over on Hybridz, or Ratsun, much better chance of finding someone who has tried it one.

• 1 month later...
hmmmmm,  " An aggressive street muffler for the performance enthusiast where clearance and space issues need to be addressed and want a quieter sound."
Although it does sound pretty good here if you FF 1min. 50 sec.

Forget the muffler - I love that V8 sound!!!

• 1 year later...