IGNORED

MOSTLY AN UPDATE BUT ALSO A QUESTION!!

dylancorrea1

Hello, thanks to the help of the many fine gentlemen on this forum, my 280z seems to be running decent now. After doing various tests the car seems to run decent, timing needs to be done along with a new starter(positive wiring wiggles causing a poor connection). I also ended up finding one major issue which was a bad fuel pump after upgrading to a walbro 255 the car does not die anymore. Sadly the car does having a ticking noise which seems to my dad to be loud injectors, but I presume a worn rocker arm. I need thoughts on the noise the first link is where the engine is running horrible due to what I believe to be it choking for fuel, right after the pump install the engine runs way better, the second link is of the car running with a new pump.

Hope the grammar is better :)

https://youtube.com/shorts/OenZrP1w7Kw?feature=share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, Ticking noise from the injectors is common, but i can't really say what i hear in your video.. then you have to make another one where you keep the mic/camera close to the injectors and cam cover also..

Did you know that those injectors all fire at the same time? they do!

Hi, Ticking noise from the injectors is common, but i can't really say what i hear in your video.. then you have to make another one where you keep the mic/camera close to the injectors and cam cover also..
Did you know that those injectors all fire at the same time? they do!

Thank you so much for the reply, I will make another video as soon as I install the new radiator. I actually have heard of that, I believe its called something like batch fire. Once again thank you for the advice.

Have you checked/adjusted valve lash?  

It kind of sounded like a weak cylinder in the 2nd video, when the camera was pointed at the exhaust pipes.  Didn't have that smooth sound of six strong cylinders.  Kind of chunky.

Have you checked/adjusted valve lash?  
It kind of sounded like a weak cylinder in the 2nd video, when the camera was pointed at the exhaust pipes.  Didn't have that smooth sound of six strong cylinders.  Kind of chunky.

No I haven’t checked that, is there a source where I can find how to check or adjust? The car does hesitate to build rpms, but the timing is off so it could also be that. Thank you for the comment I really appreciate it.

The ignition timing does sound a bit retarded in the video.  Easier to set timing than adjust valve lash but they both make a big difference.  

Planning on doing timing right after I finish installing radiator, I also need a timing gun for that which i don’t have sadly. Thank you for advice I will definitely look into valve lash adjustment.

• Like 1

Also look for air leaks in your air/fuel inlet. The rubber parts, particularly between the ribs of the rubbers, a smal cut in the rubber WILL influence your engine speed and it runs horrible.

If you think you found something spray some carb cleaner on it, if the idle is changing, then there is a airleak.

Also look for air leaks in your air/fuel inlet. The rubber parts, particularly between the ribs of the rubbers, a smal cut in the rubber WILL influence your engine speed and it runs horrible.
If you think you found something spray some carb cleaner on it, if the idle is changing, then there is a airleak.

Thank you, I’ve been going around looking for air leaks, I haven’t found one yet, but I heard the best bet is to replace all vacuum lines to not have to worry about a leak.