IGNORED

1977 280z #307 paint code questions.

ckurtz2

Hey guys,

I have a early 1977 280z with a #307 factory paint code and off-white interior. I know it is #307, because I found it written into the warranty booklet. It has had a repaint in a different shade of blue since the original.  Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has photos of #307 Pacific Blue on any z cars. I can't seem to find people with good photos, because they are only speculating that is the color. Is this a rare color code? Looking to repaint my Z soon and am not sure yet if I should go with the factory blue or a different shade. Will repainting it the factory color add any significant value over a different color? Not that it matters to much to me, but I am curious. Thanks in advance!

D51659D4-C34D-418B-B1BC-029619628A73_1_100_o.jpeg

3F43FA6D-18FE-4AAF-83AA-7D62AF2FC778_1_100_o.jpeg

6B13DEEE-7EAF-4E98-A7AB-3DBF46618E40_1_100_o (1).jpeg

Here's an old thread from Ratsun with some good pics of Datsun colours, https://ratsun.net/topic/38158-datsun-paint-and-codes/

Whether or not respraying your car in the original colour will add to its value is debatable, you have a sunroof so your car will never be original again without major work so the shade of paint IMHO is your call, I say paint it the colour you like.

This car is reported to be #307,

307MetallicBlue.jpg

2 hours ago, grannyknot said:

Here's an old thread from Ratsun with some good pics of Datsun colours, https://ratsun.net/topic/38158-datsun-paint-and-codes/

Whether or not respraying your car in the original colour will add to its value is debatable, you have a sunroof so your car will never be original again without major work so the shade of paint IMHO is your call, I say paint it the colour you like.

This car is reported to be #307,

307MetallicBlue.jpg

Ok, sweet thx! Yah, I figured the sunroof was an originality killer, but it will be a nicely restored driver's car. I wonder in the future if the sunroofs will ever loose their stigma, as mine was 100% dealer installed. As I know they are rarer to come by, but also frowned upon. I've been considering ditching it, but would that require an entire new roof, or could I just weld in something to fill the hole.

3 hours ago, ckurtz2 said:

Ok, sweet thx! Yah, I figured the sunroof was an originality killer, but it will be a nicely restored driver's car. I wonder in the future if the sunroofs will ever loose their stigma, as mine was 100% dealer installed. As I know they are rarer to come by, but also frowned upon. I've been considering ditching it, but would that require an entire new roof, or could I just weld in something to fill the hole.

One of the issues with those old sun roofs is their tendency to leak.  Beyond that I think it is really a matter of preference and many do not like them on these cars, myself included.  That being said, both my 4Runners have factory sun roofs on them and I love those.

As for eliminating it, I've seen people do both a complete roof skin replacement as well as welding in a patch.  The complete roof skin is probably a better solution and they pop-up for sale some what frequently, just keep an eye out for someone parting a car out that has a solid and straight roof (and make sure you get one from a 2-seater as that appears to be what you car is, I believe the 2+2 roof is slightly different and will not work on a 2-seater).  The other thing to consider is you will also have to replace the headliner as there is a large hole in it right now.  😉 

Edited by texasz