IGNORED

MSA fuse box doesn’t fit

Trimpe.bob@gmail.com

Previous owner installed a MSA fuse box in the 73 240Z. Installed in the stock location. 
it appears to be too tall. The “door” containing the indicators won’t shut all the way; someone broke it trying to push it down. 
the fuses seem to be taller than those in the sales photos. (See my pics below.) Is this possible? Anybody run into this? Suggestions?

IMG_20201229_150412612.jpg

IMG_20201229_150407917.jpg

edit: here’s a pic from the seller...

6FA01275-D728-4AD5-9FFA-D18AF010FC0E.png

Edited by Trimpe.bob@gmail.com

Those fuses do look odd and tall. Pull a fuse or two out of your daily driver and compare the two. 

Most newer cars have those types of fuses. Although they have even smaller ones now as well. 

If all that fails you could bend the upright support on that bracket to get the fuse box to "lay down" a little more. 

I have some access lids it you haven't found a replacement for the broken one yet. 

There are different manufacturers.  Maybe the "spec" is only for the blades.  Or maybe there is no spec.

These guys sell low profile blade fuses.

https://www.12volt.com.au/redirect.html?a=/General Htmls/webcat2003/breakers.html

image.png

https://www.amazon.com/50A-Medium-Auto-Automotive-Fuse/dp/B06XDBLLDY

image.png

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

I sorted this out! Wanted to close out the thread. My problem was addressed by a combination of fixes: I repaired the broken console (was broken in three places and sitting too low), reinstalled the PO’s aftermarket radio (was pushing down on the harness), rerouted wiring around the fuse box, cleaned up sloppy wiring,  and general returning-things-to-their-proper-places.

thanks to all here for their thoughtful responses. Hope I can do the same soon.

regards,

bob t

• Like 3