IGNORED

electrical harnesses

Alex240z

Hello, 

I own a 1971 Datsun 240z stamped 6/71. One issues Im having with the car is that the entire electrical system is gone and practically all the relays. I have been looking for the same year electrical harnesses (because I'm quite lazy to rebuild the entire electrical system or use some aftermarket harness) but I've only really seen 1972 and wasn't sure if something from another year would fit into mine. If someone has the part numbers for engine, dashboard, and interior harness that would fit into my car that would be great. Any advice and information would be great. If anyone has a complete harness for the same year car that they are willing to sell that would be great too!

Much appreciated!

You'll have issues with the headlights if you use a later harness. Also, the wiring for the fuse box won't line up right. Those are two things off the top of my head.

One time I was helping someone get rid of some electrical gremlins in a 71. A previous owner had cut many wires, so the guy working on the car swapped in a 72 dash harness. Lord, that took me quite a while to debug.

Sweet. I'll try my best to get the right harness. I'm a bit confused on the part numbers. Please bear with me. The source you gave me says for example the dashboard harness is 24012-E8303. I see however that there are some harnesses online that are like 24012-8323. Are they the same parts? Thanks. 

24012-8323 is not a valid Nissan part number. Even adding an "E" to the second part doesn't seem to bring up anything except an ebay listing that cannot be correct as there were wiring harness changes between 71 and 72 and 73 that would cause issues if you didn't have the correct harness. 

24102-E8303 would be for a car built in June 71 that started off its life as an automatic. 24102-E8300 would be for a car built in June 71 that started off its life as a manual.

9 hours ago, Alexg280z said:

thanks for the calcification!

I had to put that into the translator.. haha and then see Zed head's post  hahaha..😂

Yup Clarification..

On topic: i've seen that there are labels on those harnesses with the part number.. don't know if this is on all years but the later 1979 zx has them.