Headlight Bucket Differences - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Headlight Bucket Differences

Featured Replies

I  have a set of headlight buckets on my series I 240Z, that does not have the spring or tab inside for adjustment like my series II 240Z. Are they different or do I have a set of buckets in my series I car from something else? Not sure there is any way to adjust the light on my series I car currently.

My 71 had two adjustment screws that you can access from the front of the car. 

image.jpg

never seen a z headlight bucket without the aiming adjusters, any year. 

  • Author

I'm afraid the previous owner may have substituted parts from something else.

Are you sure they aren't swapped around or mounted improperly?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I've had them apart and they didn't look like any Z buckets I'd seen before. Without the spring and the tabs to attach it to, it sure looks like these are not the right parts.

The parts catalog only lists one part number for the 240Z for the headlight assembly. The same applies for all of the parts in the sub-assemblies.

if you need a set of real Z head light buckets let me know!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.