IGNORED

Just Another Damned Z Car Project Thread

conedodger

Here is the N42 intake mocked up. I may need a different header as I see the intake and exhaust share studs. Been a long time since I've had a 280Z! 

Also, has anyone mocked up a drawing for a heatshield? I can plasma cut it but it would be easier if I didn't have to duplicate someone's already done work?

IMG_1298.jpg

The bmw  S54 engine I just put into my Z has DBW throttle so I'm using the stock gas pedal unit from the E46 M3, it's a very nice unit, fairly compact and I'm pretty sure it could be adapted to a different ECU.  I was afraid it was going to have a remote feel to it but it's really well thought out, feels great and the throttle reaction time is instantaneous.

IMG_0643.JPG

IMG_0651.JPG

• Like 2

That looks nice, and I’ve got one sitting in the garage that I can size things up from. I just need my wife to look the other way while I fiddle with her car! I’m more concerned with the throttle body end either adapting to my throttle body or the throttle body adapting to my ‘75 intake... 

• Haha 1

Anyone calculate ideal throttle body size for a 3 liter stroker? I recall it being bore/HP of 1 cylinder? 

Never mind. Amazing what you can find if you switch from searching with your phone to using your desktop computer. It calculates to 60mm and change. This TWM "big throat" from the early Datsun performance days is 60mm. If I want to go DBW, I have to switch to a newer throttle body as a retrofit. I'll go 65mm if I can as they say to go 'need + 10%.' This actually makes a lot of sense when you think about it. This throttle body was intended to replace the factory 2.8TB. That would calculate to 'need + 10% for the 2.8 but slightly small for the 3.0L stroker.

Edited by conedodger

This looks promising. Its a Bosch Motorsports unit. 68mm throttle plate. Part # 0280.750.156 Just have to check with Haltech and make sure it's compatible and check the bolt pattern to see if I need to build an adapter. I probably do, I couldn't get so lucky as to have it bolt up! 

0280750156 bosch.jpg

Crap. Pretty sure these are a scam. I got Bosch "Green Giant" injectors in the mail yesterday and when I was purchasing them, I asked if they were Genuine Bosch. "yes, of course," was the answer. 

The boxes say Bosch but no part number is indicated on the box. The are definitely new, but I'm just suspicious about no part number on the box... The problem is, the counterfeit injectors can do anything from have no flow at all, to having a wonky spray pattern, to having flow be way off...

IMG_1465.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 4:56 PM, conedodger said:

I should have introduced you to Pricilla first. She has Panasports now but these wheels are still in the barn if I want to change back...

IMG_0172.JPG

Why did you switch to Panasports? I've always liked the K1's. Something about them you didn't like, or just get tired of them?