IGNORED

Altitude & Vapor Lock

7tooZ

I saw a video someone sent me discussing this same “fix”. Looks like a possibility if rebuilding the Spectra with parts from a New GMB and a new 510 Nikki pump don’t solve the problem. Currently waiting for them to arrive.

We don’t have any high altitude drive scheduled anytime soon.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:26 AM, zKars said:

If the fuel pump you replaced in the last 30 days is a Spectra or GMB brand, then your issue lies there. 

And 

https://www.classiczcars.com/discover/content-posted/?&before=1593194073&latest=1590678350

@zKars so I read rebuild post without the missing photos and have gather up the following:

a used Kyosan Denki

image.jpg

A new Nikki for a 510

image.jpg

a new GMB 550-8040

image.jpg

the current Spectra that’s on the car (about a month old)

image.jpg

and a used 240 Nikki arriving in a couple days  

Looking for your suggestions on how to start to get a good combination?

is the a way to bunch test each before opening them up?

image.jpg

The only review I could find was from a fellow with an old Vette that solved his vapor lock problem with the 33054. There are actually several three port filters  available from Wix. I'm betting the only difference between them is the port location and the tube size. The 33040 was used by most of the American manufacturers back then. The 33054 was Chrysler only. Go for it. 

I have always used ethanol 91 octane. There is only one place in Ft. Collins to buy non ethanol gas and it is $4.50/gallon...too rich for my blood. I have a 10-1 compression ratio with my N42 head on flattop pistons, too. My carb lines have the original asbestos heat wrap and I have a Carter electric fuel pump. I've never had any vapor lock problems.

Cheers, Mike