IGNORED

New Z Owner

Powertool

Thanks for all the help (gas Gauge)...I will try and tackle it in a week or so.  I am still getting over the rust in the frame rails....the rest of the car is rock solid with no rust showing anywhere else - it was undercoated and that is why it rusted in the spot it did - about last three inches of rails...not actually that bad....  I bought it to drive...so I will just enjoy pretty much as is and slowly replace stuff over time....

I also am 6"5" and I have loads of leg and head room.

Make sure the seat mechanism is moving all the way back and as CanTechZ mentioned look for spacers that raise the seat.

Great looking car by the way.

Casey

On 6/30/2020 at 11:53 AM, siteunseen said:

Nice car. I have a '72 with original paint, interior etc. I rebuilt the motor a put a 5 speed transmission in. My classic car insurance got out of the business so now I have better than they were Hagertys. I sent them a ton of pictures and got an agreed upon value of $25,000. I need to get it appraised asap but for now I'm okay with the value. I never drive it, darn it. It has a nice spot inside my garage.

Welcome to the forum. 

I believe you are correct..Ground the positive wire at the gas tank - the gauge should swing to FULL.. If it doesn’t its the gauge - if it does its the sending unit, or a broken wire.

Your Agreed Value is WAY to low today. It should be closer to $40K. Even then it would take a long time to find a replacement at that price.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Carl Beck said:

I believe you are correct..Ground the positive wire at the gas tank - the gauge should swing to FULL.. If it doesn’t its the gauge - if it does its the sending unit, or a broken wire.

Your Agreed Value is WAY to low today. It should be closer to $40K. Even then it would take a long time to find a replacement at that price.

I need to have another look at the value of my 1983 280ZX Turbo. I think I have it insured for $10,000 via Hagerty. 

280 6-05.jpg

That's very interesting.  My '83 has both AC and the T-tops, and it also a turbo. I checked the Hagerty value guide and also got $7900 for the ZX Turbo.  It's a #3 condition car according to the value guide at Cars Online. It's at 130K miles.  I'm insured for more than that, so I'm good for now.

Edited by Pilgrim