IGNORED

1971 Series I 240Z One Owner 58k Original Miles on CL

lonetreesteve

I bet if you looked at things like the brakes shoes and pads and rotors and wheel bearings and general grease buildup on the diff and axles you could feel better about a guess.  

The talk about rust and mileage is kind of overlooking the replacement cost of those interior parts.  You could probably put a list together and price each part individually and $8,000 would seem like a good deal.  I kept a list of my costs just to get an old 76 in decent shape and I was over $5,000 pretty quick.  $50, $200 there....it adds up.

• Like 1

Here's what $4k buys nowadays when looking for a 240Z. The subject Series I car in Chicago is worth twice as much as this rust bucket with a trashed interior in Hager City, Wisconsin.  As we all know, 240Zs have become very sought after and their values have been rising steadily. A few years ago you could buy a car like this one in Wisconsin for about $2k. Not anymore, even rough 240Zs are going for twice that now. Here's the link: 

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/d/hager-city-datsun-240z/7148566955.html

01414_jaUR0DjCmsd_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00G0G_lCyWoMj1uts_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00A0A_30dtYnkZUD9_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

10 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

There are those exceptions that were driven on the highways most of the time. They generally don't show as much interior wear.

You make a good point, Mark. There are always exceptions. Highway miles don't take their toll on cars as much as daily use city driving.  And you never know, the car could have had sheepskin covers, which were popular in the seventies that preserved the vinyl seats. 

14 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

Here's what $4k buys nowadays when looking for a 240Z. The subject Series I car in Chicago is worth twice as much as this rust bucket with a trashed interior in Hager City, Wisconsin.  As we all know, 240Zs have become very sought after and their values have been rising steadily. A few years ago you could buy a car like this one in Wisconsin for about $2k. Not anymore, even rough 240Zs are going for twice that now. Here's the link: 

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/d/hager-city-datsun-240z/7148566955.html

01414_jaUR0DjCmsd_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00G0G_lCyWoMj1uts_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00A0A_30dtYnkZUD9_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

That is a rusty beast!!

8k looks even better!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...