IGNORED

Source for 280ZX Seat Cushions?

cgperry

Anyone know where I can get replacement cushions for my 83 NA 2+2? None of the regular Z car part suppliers seem to have them. Nissan dealer is worthless on older cars. Tried to contact Nissan about the now defunct Vintage Restoration Program with no luck.

Took the car to our best local auto upholstery place and they indicated that it would be difficult (if not impossible) to shape new cushions in the correct shape because the stock ones have bands built-in to make them hold their shape. My covers are in good condition - just need the pads underneath. My car has the velour upholstery if that makes any difference, and I probably only need the front seats since no one would ever ride in the rear. Any help appreciated!

• Like 1

Thanks! If the seat cushions aren't deteriorated too badly from time or heat then I definitely have interest. Let me know your thoughts on their condition and what you'd like for them pricewise. Thanks!

7 hours ago, cgperry said:

Thanks! If the seat cushions aren't deteriorated too badly from time or heat then I definitely have interest. Let me know your thoughts on their condition and what you'd like for them pricewise. Thanks!

I'll take a closer look and get back to you.

21 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Are you sure? I was told that it's tricot, whatever that is.. it's a bit elastic..  (see my seats in my restore topic, restauration of a 280zx slick roof 1979.)

You may be right since it has the "columns" cut into the pile. I just meant mine weren't leather, which I think was the other option for 1983. I'll look for your restoration! Thx!

On 6/25/2020 at 5:44 AM, cgperry said:

I'll look for your restoration! Thx!

There are some pic's from my seats, but they did'nt need any repair or so, just cleaning, i cleaned them on a very hot day with lots of soap and a high pressure cleaner.. keeping  distance ofcourse otherwise i would distroy the fabric.. 

Since there is more interest, I've post a couple of photos here. I seems the upper or back portion of the seat is not foam at all. but more like the "old horse hair" Something I did not expect. The seat or lower portion has foam and more horse hair on the underside near the springs. I know the stain looks funny but it is not that.?

lower 2.JPG

lower 3.JPG

Upper 1.JPG

upper 2.JPG

Here my seats, how they look after 39 year (now 41 years old).  I'm following this topic, because i think that these seats will not stay good after i go to use them dayly..  As the s30 cars become more expensive the s130 series wins in popularity.. i'm sure. ?

I think the day that a manufacturer gets more into reman. parts for the s130 is not far away!

20190724_131423.jpg

20190723_124858.jpg

20190723_124853.jpg

That's definitely a different fabric pattern than my 83 ZX Turbo.  

I think you're right that when you start driving a car often, old foam rubber will deteriorate. It's very interesting to see the materials used in these seats.