IGNORED

Nice 1970 240Z on Craigslist in Calgary

CanTechZ

The only “thing” I spotted, and he does mention it in his ad, is that it was repainted, “A decade” ago, but it was repainted without removing glass/weatherstrip etc which is easy to spot. The repaint is one of the best I’ve seen in terms of color match and correct sheen/finish/look/feel. You’d swear it was original paint in outstanding condition. 

Everywhere I looked on the car, (over a relatively short period of time, I did not study every inch), everything looked correct for the VIN. I was there trying to sell him a Z, which, after I saw what he had (and picked my jaw up from the ground after seeing this Z), we spent of our time on, shall we say, “sales craft”....

Turns out he was looking to replace this one with more of a driver quality car. And here we are with this one for sale.  

I will gladly go and look at it for anyone who wants to get more detail or my opinion, and give it more careful look over. I’m sure the owner will have no problem with this. 

19 hours ago, zKars said:

The only “thing” I spotted, and he does mention it in his ad, is that it was repainted, “A decade” ago, but it was repainted without removing glass/weatherstrip etc which is easy to spot. The repaint is one of the best I’ve seen in terms of color match and correct sheen/finish/look/feel. You’d swear it was original paint in outstanding condition. 

Everywhere I looked on the car, (over a relatively short period of time, I did not study every inch), everything looked correct for the VIN. I was there trying to sell him a Z, which, after I saw what he had (and picked my jaw up from the ground after seeing this Z), we spent of our time on, shall we say, “sales craft”....

Turns out he was looking to replace this one with more of a driver quality car. And here we are with this one for sale.  

I will gladly go and look at it for anyone who wants to get more detail or my opinion, and give it more careful look over. I’m sure the owner will have no problem with this. 

Don't keep using suspense. What is the VIN and DOB?

Edited by hiyabrad

2 hours ago, zKars said:

I kinda decided I would not spill any beans. The owner didn't include it in the ad, must have had his reasons. Let’s just say it’s not a 69....

It has rear defroster switch so not a transition model - meaning 1/70 car

16 hours ago, zKars said:

I kinda decided I would not spill any beans. The owner didn't include it in the ad, must have had his reasons. Let’s just say it’s not a 69....

I can respect that. It has the 2400 valve cover, which would be 8/70 or earlier, of course that could have been changed but I suspect it is original. Then again no mention that the engine is original, based on the asking price probably yes.

Just noticed that the listing has been "deleted by author".

13 hours ago, hiyabrad said:

It has rear defroster switch so not a transition model - meaning 1/70 car

Not sure what you mean by "meaning 1/70 car". My 7/70 has the same black unlit defroster switch. My 12/70 parts had the same switch location but it was amber and lit.

Edited by CanTechZ