IGNORED

1975 280z rear coil springs

Hey all, I've been searching for new rear coils for the Z. Really sags back there and front looks like a "gasser" in comparison. Seems aftermarket only offers all 4. I've read about Chevette springs but unsure about going that route. Anyone know of a good source to get stock height rear coils?

This place is really just one guy.  You could call him and see if he'll sell you just two.

https://zcardepot.com/collections/suspension/products/coil-spring-set-stock-and-lowered-240z-260z-280z

Edit - also, just thought of this, there are places that will wind you a spring.  The spring data is in the FSM.

image.png

Edited by Zed Head

I looked at the spring rate for the Chevette coils on Rockauto. They were close to the OEM rate Zed provided but the spring lengths were a little shorter.

Steve, is the 280z rear end heavier than the 260z? I'm thinking the Chevette coils are pretty close in rate to OEM for a 280z, maybe a little softer in fact.

Unless the Rockauto numbers are arbitrary. They are real cheap. I may just get some and see how it goes.

Measure from the rocker panels to the ground, front and back.  There's nothing dramatic in your picture.

Try lifting the back end up by hand also, I had a strut that would stick.  And, if you find that you only need 1/2 inch try new struts first.  The gas struts will raise the car by about 1/2 inch.