IGNORED

Yellow Zinc plating

I have some yellow zinc parts on my 240 restoration, notably both halves of the hood latch, throttle bell crank, and some nuts and bolts.  I would like to get the car as close to original as practical and understand that there are other bits and pieces that should be done, notably the under-hood trouble light, but there are others I'm unsure of.  Any advice would be appreciated respecting:

Coil holder, fuel filter clamp, door latches, hood support strut, hose clamps, brake line clamps, under-hood fuel lines, fuel rail, engine hoist attachments, and the tube that runs around the back of the head to provide heated water to the intake manifold.  And any I might have missed.

Many thanks

• Thanks 1

First recommendation is search the archives.  There is a big lot of information here.  Second, look at Nissan photographs.  Third, search the archives for build finishes and markings.  There is a lot of information, mostly yellow paint dabs and kanji markings, but you will find oddities like proper engine color overspray such as that tube running around the back of the engine.  Blue engine paint on my cars.

I believe the coil bracket was bright white.  Similar to the door latch on the jam and the rear hatch latch. Beware though.  Lots of people have varying opinions about what was correct and what isn't.   I read where plating the hose clamps yellow zinc "was a common mistake".  Others like the color so much, they over do it and yellow zinc about everything.

Thanks for this Guys.

The photos particularly gave me some idea of where to got.  Contrary to what I had heard earlier, the hose clamps should just be cleaned up - they don't need plating.  But the throttle linkage does!  I was surprised that the fuel filter holder, and the little clamp on the firewall that supports the power-brake hoses are black - who knew?  

I think I've become paranoid about stuff like this ever since I followed a trio of judges doing their rounds at Pebble Beach in 2018.

Cheers,

Question concerning the hose clamps for everyone  - Depending on variables that I don't fully understand, zinc will thin and ultimately disappear.  It does so on some parts faster than others.  It also slows if the environment is less extreme.  On some of those photos, specifically the emissions valve, the hose going into the float bowl and the heater hose, it looks like at one time they were plated.

In addition, if you take the plastic off in the rear hatch, the clamps around the vapor canister usually will still have a minor amount of plating.  In addition, the hose under the dash on the heater valve will also. 

Is there a consensus that the clamps are clear in the engine bay but plated in the other areas?