IGNORED

1975 blower housing differences

Roblaw

I'm a Journeyman Plumber (former life). We had to stop using, 'um, gender specific language, when referring to various plumbing parts due to the always offended. Certainly couldn't refer to the "toilet fill valve" as a "ballcock" like they did for generations. No more Galvanized Steel Nipple, or Male Adapter, well, you get the picture. The part you reference above plumbers now have to refer to as a Stop, Shut-off, or Valve.

Edited by cgsheen1
  • Haha 1

Update. Got the old water control valve (formerly water c*ck) cleaned up and installed. Did not have to remove dash. Put the wire back on adjusted it, installed new hoses, clamps and tested it. No leaks, the heat now will adjust and turn off. Just waiting on the Ebay blower housing then I'll button it back up. 

I'm thinking about getting a belt for the AC compressor and see if I get AC too. It spins freely with my hand. I don't know why the PO disabled it but he did a lot of Jack-leg things to this car. He apparently didn't care if the car had heat or defrost, so who knows.

I still need to get new tires before it's really road worthy and I'm having a dilemma: it has old Enkei rims 15x8, 0 offset and dry rotted 225/50 tires. The rear tires rub on fenders when going over bigger bumps. From what I've read, people have had success with this tire/rim combo. Do I buy the same size tires and hope they don't stick out as far past the rim as these do, or get new rims and tires I know will fit?

Any thoughts?

rightrear.jpg

leftfront.jpg

Here's my old heater housing. That flap door with the metal plate sandwiched between 2 padded vinyl cushions has a gaping hole in it. It has pretty much disintegrated. The vinyl makes it appear intact.

Any ideas on what to replace the flap's vinyl cushions with on my "new" heater housing? They are peeling off and not in very good shape. I thought about putting tile shower floor lining on it with contact cement.

heat box2.jpg

heat box1.jpg

FYI. I ended up using Frost King self adhesive foam with aluminum backing for the air recirc door on the blower housing. It was just the right thickness and form fits to the door openings on either side.

Frost king.jpg