IGNORED

Re-Emergence of HLS30-00903

Terrapin Z

15 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

So, VIN fraud?  Should be interesting getting title and tags.

It is possible, The owner I got from was the 57 YO son of a tow and repair shop that did a lot of liens on cars. I expect it was altered by the father and the son just sold it. The son had a lot of stories about the car, but who knows how true they are. Without a proper title I will most likely just keep the parts and scrap the shell. unless someone wants to try and resurrect it.

10 hours ago, Patcon said:

If you can title it. Its worth saving unless its badly rusted

It is pretty badly rusted in strange places like the fire wall, but then the battery mount looks decent. 

Even with the damage shown in the rear there is a LOT of bondo cracking off in the rear and around the doors. Floors are non existent. Rust bubbles in all painted surfaces.

Way more repair than I would want to do. I bought it for the parts. Surprisingly it has an uncracked dash, how is that even possible with the history of this car. Multiple wrecks, sitting out in the rain for years with the drivers window down. Who knows how much abuse it was subjected to when it was driving. 

3 hours ago, Terrapin Z said:

It is pretty badly rusted in strange places like the fire wall, but then the battery mount looks decent. 

Even with the damage shown in the rear there is a LOT of bondo cracking off in the rear and around the doors. Floors are non existent. Rust bubbles in all painted surfaces.

Way more repair than I would want to do. I bought it for the parts. Surprisingly it has an uncracked dash, how is that even possible with the history of this car. Multiple wrecks, sitting out in the rain for years with the drivers window down. Who knows how much abuse it was subjected to when it was driving. 

I understand but it is a six figure car repaired. Way more than the parts are worth. Even if the repair work was costly there is a lot of room for flipping a profit

Put it on BAT as-is and see what happens.  Somebody might pay more for the complete package.  Those low numbers...people love 'em.

You should retitle your thread to "I found 903".

Edited by Zed Head

9 hours ago, Patcon said:

I understand but it is a six figure car repaired. Way more than the parts are worth. Even if the repair work was costly there is a lot of room for flipping a profit

I have seen what some of these have sold for. A few have broken into the 6 digit realm, but it takes a lot to get it to that condition. I don't feel I have the means to get a car to that point. I have not done anything with it yet. Just pulled the 78 seats out, and got the window rolled up.

9 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Put it on BAT as-is and see what happens.  Somebody might pay more for the complete package.  Those low numbers...people love 'em.

You should retitle your thread to "I found 903".

BAT is something to consider. I did retitle the thread, thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1