IGNORED

Re-Emergence of HLS30-00903

Terrapin Z

I was driving back from Portland on Friday and saw this on the side of the road. I circled back to at least check it out. Glad I did....  Do you see why???

It was HLS30-00903 disguised as HLS30-138310

IMG_2837.JPG

IMG_2838.JPG

IMG_2839.JPG

IMG_2840.JPG

IMG_2841.JPG

IMG_2879.jpeg

IMG_2881.jpeg

Edited by Terrapin Z
Changed title
  • Like 1

I was amazed the hatch glass was intact. The PO said it had been rear ended and then while it sat it was side swiped. 

As for the wheels he said he coated them with oil so as not to have them corrode. from what I say it looks like it worked. 

Headlights are Hella H4's Last registered in 89.

2 minutes ago, 240Ziggy said:

That looks more of an early 240. The tags may have been switched. What is the number from the firewall? 

The seller kept going on about it being a 69 car. I looked at the firewall and it had been painted over. There were a lot of tell tail signs of it being an early car.

IMG_2856.jpeg

IMG_2860.jpeg

Just now, 240Ziggy said:

You might luck out being a '69. Is reat glass clear no defrost?

Hatch glass had defrost, but I saw a 2400 valve cover, early carbs with no drain plug on the float bowls. Yet it had a 72 flapper air cleaner. Seat belts had 5/1970 date.

IMG_2864.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Zed Head said:

So, VIN fraud?  Should be interesting getting title and tags.

I see the funky choke knob on the console.  Did they have that in 73?

No that style was early 70. I have the same knob on my 6/70

8 hours ago, 240Ziggy said:

The physical photos shows obvious early model. Take some sandpaper and clear the vin firewall.

You are correct I was just building the story. I was thrilled to see it was a 1/70? although the car had been flipped to the 73 registration at some point. I did not get a title with it. Looks to me like 00903 The engine is an 70 E31 casting and is L24-009010 which would be a later 70 motor. E31 head and 2400 valve cover on it though. Lots of other early parts on it too.

IMG_2886.jpeg

Edited by Terrapin Z