IGNORED

Not bad, but........

2ManyZs

in his writeup doesnt make sense. Like how is the 1973 model more valuable than any of the others early 70 models? Personally I'd rather have a 70 or 71 model rather than a 73. It reads like a overzealous dealer is hyping this car. Not worth more than 3,000 bucks in my eyes. and 38,000 miles???? cmon! and how can he say the seats "might be leather"?????? any idiot knows they are vinyl!!!

Well, he does do a good job of hyping a car that isn't in the greatest shape, that's for sure.

I went back and looked at the pics a little better the second time, bondo cracks in the hood, rust showing through inside the hatch, wonder how much else has been painted over...

The absolute funniest thing, is the trailer hitch ball in the back bumper..ROFL and it isn't even in the center....:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

But you are still missing the one that stands out like a sore thumb....:devious:

The early model turn signals on a later model front vailance!!! Ya, I thought the trailer hitch was a nice touch, as well. But let's remember this is a special S30 thats rare!!! $3000 tops Also, I'd bet that the quicky paint job is hiding more than you would want to know about.

Hmm, sounds like it has more problems than just the obvious ones... I got to laughing too much and couldn't wait long enough for all the pics to load... after I saw the ball on the back bumper I couldn't help rolling on the floor....ROFL ROFL ROFLLOL :stupid:

Here are the ones that I see as plainly obvious. Not listed in order of "importance" nor any kind of sequence.

The car is being sold in Indiana. That tells me RUST BELT! I'd inspect this car with a very large and powerful magnifying glass.

38000 miles? Then why did it need new tires? Same with the brakes and master cylinder.

S30 being rarer than the "other" 240's of that year? Hmmm, we must ask Alan about this one, I thought ALL 240's were S30's.

If that paint job is recent, then why the rust stains in the hatch area? Or that major crack in the hood paint that NO, won't be an easy fix. (Ever tried to do a paint repair in the MIDDLE of a panel?)

The bumper guards on the front end seem too close together. Then again, the side valance pieces don't seem to match the bumper contour (the indent). Somebody else look at this, but they don't seem right.

The front center valance also looks like it took a punch to the chin.

The rear bumper has the biggest problem I can see. Those bumper guards are set too far apart! ROFL Gosh, anyone should be able to spot that one.

The rear license plate got lost between the first picture and the later pictures.

Either that is some humongous fish eye on the side view of the front fender, or there's some serious rust holes being filled in with paint.

Is there any weatherstrip left on the door openings?

The clock doesn't work. Look closely and you'll note that it's stopped. (Think I'm joking? Check the clock on the CD player.)LOL

Ziebart plug visible above the manufacture date plate. There's rust behind that plate.

Steering is all out of whack. You can tell because the logo on the Steering Wheel Horn is turned 90° to the main "arms" of the steering wheel. This is because you have to turn the wheel 1/4 turn to the left for the car to drive straight, so the horn button has been adjusted appropriately.

Obviously, this used car dealership is hoping to make money on the 10% NON-REFUNDABLE deposit, as well as the $145 on-line transaction fee. Heck, they could sell this car 2-3 times in this manner and make a couple grand.

The sellers rating of (0) would of course dispell any doubts I might have.

The interior is listed as black, so the butterscotch is just a trick of the lighting.

Listing it as a 3 door vehicle is no doubt part of the S30 "exclusivity".

Now, for Indiana, this vehicle is probably "FULLY RESTORED", the rust stains are thrown in so that you get the feeling your car is in it's first winter.

Choke Knob is broken.

And last but not least, the tire balancing weights are on the outside of the rims.

There, did I find enough of them for you?

Enrique

(By the way, if you were thinking I missed the trailer hitch, I didn't. I just realize that this car comes from Hoosier country and that's enough about that.)

One thing that seems FUNKY to me is the Tachometer. The 1973 240Z that I previously owned (mfg'd 3/73) had a Tach that showed a 5500 RPM REDLINE ; where this one shows the Tach with a 7000 RPM REDLINE from a pre-1973 Z. He was not too picky what parts he chose to stuff into this turkey.

PS The 70 240Z's had a speedo that started at 20 mph, I think this car has the correct speedo.

Originally posted by BambiKiller240

PS The 70 240Z's had a speedo that started at 20 mph, I think this car has the correct speedo.

Hmm, my 72 speedo starts at zero and all I remember was that 1970 speedos started at something other than zero so I made a bad assumption. Therefore it seems like they went from 20 to 0 to 10. Anyone know why?