Alfadog

black or gold?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. black or gold?

• Black
    • Gold
    • Other...

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get some Watanabes for my 240K but I have a little problem!

Black ones look great, but so do the goldish looking ones!

Here are some pics for you to look at

(1- black ones, sorry about the angle, I can't find a better shot!)

post-1243-14150792705397_thumb.jpg

Hi Lachlan,

I'm Glad/Sad that you sold your Z. I hope you held out for a good price.

As for Watanabes... I can't remember the colour of the K. If its white, get Gold wheels, if its silver, get Black wheels. Its just a personal thing - I don't think that gold wheels would look good on a silver car. and black wheels on a white car makes it look too ratty and unfinished.

Just my 2 bobs worth,

Hayden

Go for gold mate!

FWIW I'm also not a big fan of those dark wheels, something about the lack of contrast between the tires and the wheels. When I have seen them on the street they remind me of something out of Mad Max.

Mmmm...

Yours are dark grey metallic Alan?

They're very similar to black from your photos............ maybbe that's just because in all your photos it's overcast?

My next question, this whole offset thing I'm still not getting, does it really matter what offset a new (wider) wheel is? Is there any "right" offset I should look out for?

Lachlan

Originally posted by Alfadog

They're very similar to black from your photos............ maybbe that's just because in all your photos it's overcast?

That's sunny old London for you.

The colour is called "Anthracite", and its an old BMW colour. Exactly matches the colour of the lower panel and front bumper of the G-nose on the original cars.

Alan T.