IGNORED

Source for Nissan Mustache Bar Washer/Bushings??

jpc3006

Does anyone know of a source for the stock Nissan rubber/steel washers used to mount the differential mustache bar? I noticed that the ones on my '73 are starting to show some wear and want to replace them.  MSA lists the washer/bushings as NLA and suggests going with polyurethane.  I have the bushing which fits vertically inside the mustache bar and would like to keep this mount rubber.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

John

I waited for a number of months until some came up on eBay. People showing them in stock at the time wanted stupid money or didn’t actually have them. They seem to be a rare find and I personally didn’t want to go poly on that bit of the car. They do randomly surface on eBay.

For the serrated washers, I sawed a spare used compression rod poly bush and it turned out to be a near perfect fit that stoped the clonks. A few thousand miles later and it still works. Putting a cut in it meant I could (with difficulty and foul language) force it on without unscrewing anything.

9c902cd3c729b178084bff58585fdb8e.jpg&key=6188d97c5cc5e22ff7a278c1e63276e4964984f839bc6feebd7b3a116a2a9253

e7768f938c7f1e88133e323d9c2bfeec.jpg&key=e38162ff789a35836e62f8e69cdd2890ed012b78b84048328c86a95d78223e48

AK260,

Thank you for the input. I checked on eBay before posting and didn't see any but will continue to look. If I don't find any before this spring (the car is in the garage until the roads are salt free) I will try your fix with the TC rod poly bushing as I have several of those lying around. It should be a pretty easy fix as the washers on my car are solid rubber, not the serrated ones and all I have to do is get the thickness correct.

John

• Like 1

gnosez,

I am in need of a pair of the lower washers, the ones with the smaller hole, as I found a new pair of the uppers in one of my boxes. Also, I would prefer solid washers as that's what I found for the uppers. I don't know if you can mix them or not. Please advise if you have any lower washers and let me know what you want for them.

Thanks,

John

gnosez,

I believe the washer/isolators in your photo are the "uppers" nissan part no. 55474-N4300 with the 16 mm hole. The ones I am seeking are the "lowers" with a 13 mm hole and are nissan part nos. 55475-21000 or 55475-E8300  or 55475-E4102 or 55475-N4300.  The correct one for my 1973 is a solid one, 55475-E8300, but any should work as they are shown with the later number superseding the prior ones.

Thank you for the time and effort to find these, but they are what I have and would not work in the lower position.

John

• 10 months later...