IGNORED

Anyone using Amsoil with zinc additive?

mbz

Full disclosure; I am not in anyway affiliated with AMSOIL, nor am I a reseller or distributor, nor do I stand to profit from this in any way, shape or form.

I am just looking for the best oil that will treat my old engine well and I want to share what I’ve found in my research with the group, in the event that anyone else is looking for information about motor oil for their vehicle. Hopefully someone will find this information helpful when considering what oil to use in their Z car.

Much of the consideration and research was in regards to protection for a 45 year old, original engine, and a tolerable level of ZDDP that would cause as little damage as possible to the catalytic converter as my car needs to meet very strict emissions standards.

Lastly.... Zed we had a gentleman’s agreement that we would stay off of each other’s threads. Kindly honor your word as I have kept to my promise. Thank you in advance.

Edited by mbz

I don't even know who you are mbz.

And I reserve the right to reply to other Classiczcars.com member's posts.  The topic turned to the AM in AMsoil.  The marketing plan.  Not whatever your original question was.

I think that Tupperware has a similar arrangement.  

Edit - forgot to say.  You can use the Ignore feature of the forum, and never see my posts, as long as you are logged in.  I use it on a couple of members and it works well.  Just hover your mouse over my screen name and the option will show.  "Ignore User".

Edited by Zed Head
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, psdenno said:

Interesting company and marketing plan.  The company was started in the town where I grew up - Superior, WI.  Not quite on the edge of civilization, but you can see the edge from there.  My dad built their warehouse in the mid-1970s.  I was briefly a dealer in their pyramid marketing plan and used Amsoil in the Porsche 914 I was driving at the time, 40 years ago.  My biggest recollection was that when I switched from petroleum based oil to Amsoil in the 914 gas mileage improved greatly (32 mpg to 36 mpg, if I remember correctly) and I had to lower the idle speed significantly.  Slippery stuff.  

Dennis

I was a distributor for a brief period while I swapped out all my fluids on the 370Z. Great stuff and works awesome. Good backstory on the company too, as it is a family kinda businesss rather than a huge oil conglomeration product.  I never had to enlist new people or anything, just paid for a distribution agreement and got a 30% discount basically. I picked up the oil from their warehouse in Edmonton. Easy peasy.

14 hours ago, Zed Head said:

I've seen the name Amsoil for years and seen comments about their "pyramid" marketing scheme but just now made the mental connection to Amway.  You don't make money until you get other people to start selling for you.  In the end everyone is an Amway salesperson.  Then... the rapture.  No offense...

Never thought it was  pyramid scheme, but it might operate differently in the states than here.

Edited by wheee!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zed Head said:

I don't even know who you are mbz.

And I reserve the right to reply to other Classiczcars.com member's posts.  The topic turned to the AM in AMsoil.  The marketing plan.  Not whatever your original question was.

I think that Tupperware has a similar arrangement.  

Edit - forgot to say.  You can use the Ignore feature of the forum, and never see my posts, as long as you are logged in.  I use it on a couple of members and it works well.  Just hover your mouse over my screen name and the option will show.  "Ignore User".

Hi Zed, Yes I'm the guy that you harassed last year on my (very long, too long) thread about a rough idle/running rich Z car. After my issue was resolved by a more helpful and experienced member of the group, you got upset at a funny picture I posted about "Zed's Haterade" - so I took it down because it seemed like your feelings got hurt.

Regarding the ignore user feature, I already have your comments blocked and it works well.

In this case, you jumped on my thread and wrote a comment about Amsoil related to a pyramid marketing scheme. Off topic and irrelevant in regards to the oil's performance, however it required a disclosure response because the intentions of the thread were impuned by your comment.

I'd prefer you to stay off my threads because I don't think you bring anything valid to the table with your comments. It's just mostly trolling.

I'll continue to stay off your threads, because I'm a man of my word.

Respond or don't, I could care less.

Edited by mbz
grammar